Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cinderella gets her man

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalm 37:4


Volunteering in youth work the past 15 years, I've seen my fair share of Cinderellas.  Girls who are broken...emotionally and/or physically abandoned and poor in spirit.  Girls who don't think much of themselves and can't see their own beauty.  Girls who have no hope for the future.

Then there are the grown-up Cinderellas.  The women I encounter in my neighborhood, at school, and even at church.  They have it all…everything they ever dreamed of.  They got the fairytale wedding and the successful, handsome husband.  They live in the American dream house, drive luxury vehicles, and have beautiful, healthy children.  Yet, they still see themselves as ugly, worthless, and unloved.

You see, the prince they gave themselves to is not a man.  Their prince is not their husband.  Their prince is a lie they were told, and they gave themselves fully to it.  "If only I have this, this, and this, I will live happily ever after!"  And once they have it, they still feel empty, weak, and alone.

Wake up, Cinderellas!  Wake up and meet the true Prince, the King of Kings, the One who loves you.  Do you know what he says about you?  He says, "How beautiful you are, my darling!  Oh, how beautiful!" He says, "Show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely."  

There's more…
"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you."
"You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes"
"My dove, my perfect one, is unique"
"The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord."
"I will never leave you or forsake you."

Jesus is your Prince.  There is no other.  Give yourself to Him, and you will know love like you've never known before.  There is no one who knows you better or loves you more.  You will be His bride forever and live in the beautiful mansion He has prepared for you. Only in His eternal kingdom exists happily ever after.

1 comment: