Monday, June 27, 2011

Will I actually read a whole book this summer?

I have a whole stack of books I have not yet read.  Most of these were either given to me by friends or family, and the rest I purchased based on the recommendation of someone I respect.  I have another stack of books that I started to read but eventually found boring.  That stack was originally in the first stack.

Then I have a mental stack of books, i.e. a list.  These are books I am really interested to read, yet, I can't bring myself to purchase them because I have all these unfinished books.  I feel guilty for not reading or finishing all these other books.

I'm guessing this has a lot to do with my obsessive compulsiveness and deep desire for structure and control.  But I think I'm going to have to let this go, or I'll end up reading nothing before the summer is over.

Does anyone else have this issue?  And would anyone like a stack of free books?  :)

1 comment:

  1. I have the exact same stacks and lists. That's the OCD passed down. But now I have HP :)

    ReplyDelete