Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Things I learned today

Do you desire knowledge?  Are you thirsting for parental wisdom?  My advice is to take a 300 mile road trip with two 14-year-olds, especially if one of them is your daughter.  Here are just a few of the things I learned today:


  • You don't "become a fan" of something on Facebook anymore.  You "like" it.  
  • Science exhibits about the human body are gross.  
  • Fire is cool.  So are shiny things.
  • Even people from Wisconsin can get sick of cheese.  Some people, not all.  
  • There's always room for dessert.  
  • Girls, no matter what the age, still love to color.  
  • I should never use a GPS.  I always end up getting lost and finding the way on my own.  
Tomorrow I will likely learn that I am corny and boring for posting this blog.  I'll take my chances.  

No comments:

Post a Comment