Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's Saturday, and I'm in love

The house is unusually quiet this morning.  It's so quiet, I can hear the second hand moving in the clock on the wall.  As I sit here and wait for my tea to brew, I pick up an old love letter.

The writer says this is the song to top all songs.  Now that really means something to me, being an avid music lover.  Music soothes the savage beast in me when nothing else will.  Music moves me to deep, emotional places and calls me to be better.  I don't care much for sappy love songs (unless they are accompanied by a double entendre) but this song is anything but sap.

This song reveals a lover who wants to know me most intimately.  He sees my wrinkles, scars and unattractive parts and finds me beautiful in spite of them.  He says and does all the right things.  He calls me beautiful and exciting.

As I read and reread the letter, I wonder, "Why did I ever let him go?"  I've reconciled with him over and over again; he takes me back every time.  He endures my fickle heart and receives me with unbridled passion every time.  What a cruel lover I am.

I am back in his arms this morning.  Oh, that I will stay for good this time!  Jesus, I will try not to run away this time.  I will try to let you know me in the deepest parts and not be afraid.  And thank you for the song, more wonderful than any other.

1 comment: